If you use a dual-SIM iPhone and find that all of your messages get thrown in together, you’re in luck. Apple’s upcoming iOS 16 update will fix that by sorting messages based on the SIM that received them.
“Messages now supports the ability for customers with a dual SIM iPhone to filter their messages based on their SIMs,” says the latest iOS 16 beta 2 release notes.
That update was made available to developers for testing earlier this week, with MacRumors having already taken the feature for a spin.
It appears that per-SIM message sorting requires enabling message filtering in the Settings app under Messages → Filter Unknown Senders. Then, users can tap on the icon with three dots at the top of the Messages app, which opens a menu with options to sort messages based on “All Lines” or individual SIMs, such as Personal, Business, or Travel.
Modern iPhones all support two sims, normally one physical and one eSIM, making them perfect for those who need to have a personal and a business line on one device. This new feature will make it easier to keep messages from those SIMs separate.
Apple is expected to make iOS 16 available in public beta form next month, while the final release is likely to be offered to the public in or around September, around the same time the iPhone 14 lineup goes on sale.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.5 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.5 Released
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Beta 2 Download IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad Released
- iOS 16 Public Beta 1 Release Date Announced
- iOS 16 Beta 2 Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Out Now
- iOS 16 Beta 2 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect It From Apple
- Download iOS 16 Beta 2 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]